Sunday, March 7, 2010

Vintage?


Ok, I know this has happened to all of us.  I had in my head that I was going to create something with a vintage feel.  You know the look - soft pinks, blues, distressed vanilla, roses, crinkled ribbon, buttons.  Yeah, right.  Here's what I came up with ....


I swear I don't know how it happened!  I REALLY wanted to use my new Butterfly punch.  Don't you love it?  I didn't even put it away ... I think this punch is going to stay out on my table for a while!  I punched out blue/green butterflies from our Kaleidoscope DSP.  Then I thought, VELLUM!  That's vintage!  So I punched out two butterflies from Vellum Cardstock.  I adhered those to my blue butterflies and added rhinestones.  So far, so good.  Well, then it happened.  I looked through the Kaleidoscope papers and my streak was broken.  The colors are so bright and cheerful they literally screamed "Pick me!"  And in a moment of weakness, I did.  So I started thinking - butterflies, flowers, sunshine, happy colors and I was lost.  I hope to get a true vintage card done sometime this week!

Additional supplies used are Whisper White, Basic Black, and Certainly Celery cardstock Scallop Trim punch, Window Punch, Label Punch, retired ribbon (gotta use it up), Pumpkin Pie corduroy button.  Black accents were added with Vintage Brads (Ha!  I knew I had something else vintage), and Basic Black flourish thingy's from our Tulipe Bigz Die.  The greeting is from Happy Together.  You can view other stamps in the set in my posting http://creativestampingideas.blogspot.com/2010/02/happy-together.html.

The layout was from an old Mojo Monday sketch, I think.

Stop back to see my next attempt at "vintage"!


1 comment:

  1. Vintage or not it's just gorgeous, Joanne! Love everything about this card so I just might have to CASE it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete