Monday, March 22, 2010

Day Two - Klompenstampers Blog Hop


Good Evening!  I know I am posting the night before the day I'm suppose to (does that make sense?).  I am so excited to be participating in the Hop that I just can't help myself!  I just have to post early!  And ... since it is so late in the day here in Michigan I figure no one will see this post until tomorrow anyway.  (The fact that this reaches different time zones around the world goes un-noticed.  LOL.)

Here's my second posting to share with you!  I just recieved my Stampin' Up Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die and I had to play with it.  Doesn't it make beautiful butterflies?  The die actually cuts four gorgeous winged friends and I used two on this project.  The papers are from  ... yep, you guessed it - Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper.  You can order a package for yourself on my website, just click on the link to the left.  It's filled with gorgeous papers and colors.  On this card I used Pretty In Pink cardstock and ribbonUpdate:  I did put an extra length of ribbon folded over on itself on top of the ribbon befreo i tied it.  That makes the ribbon look fuller.   And it makes four "tails" instead of two.  Notice the Whisper White card stock border?  That was created with the cutest Pinking Hearts Border punch (along with the DSP this is also in the Occassions Mini Catalog).  The polka dot leaves are from our Extra Large Two-Step Bird punch



The gorgeous circular filagree (LOVE IT) is from our Vintage Labels set.  I got that set FREE through our Sale-A-Bration event.  WOOT!  I punched it out with our Scallop Circle Punch.  I also punched out three more scalloped circles to create the "flower" from scraps of DSP.  A button sewn in the center holds them together.  I just LOVE making these flowers.  You can add more layers to make them "poofier" (that's a word, right?) or you can use a few layers to make them less poofy.  Like I did here!  I didn't want my flower to detract from the butterflies!  To see a poofy flower ... click here!  My sewing machine was used to stitch around the outside of the card front.  And I've included a couple detailed photographs which I hope will show your some of beauty of this paper collection. 



Thanks for visiting today and please stop by tomorrow.  You can leave me a comment below if you'd like.  Now it's time to see what Edna has created for you to enjoy!  Click here for Edna's Blog!




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card in pinks. Love it! And that bow...did you stick an extra length of ribbon in when you tied your bow? Love that look and have to try it out! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....a dash of inspiration for sure! I love all of the elements, what a touch of beauty!

    ReplyDelete