Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Wishing you treasured memories

Hello friends.  A quick post to share with you this evening, my son is patiently waiting for me to join him.  A baseball game is on, cookies are in the oven, he has his summer reading book in hand (we're on Chapter 22) ... and I have a doily half done.  The simple joys of life are those to be treasured most.

Today's card began with Crumb Cake card stock layered in prints of red and black.  Polka dots and herringbone - pure shabbiness.  A glassine envelope with vintage sheet music tucked inside ... as if it holds a precious carol.  A vintage St. Nick ... something I just "had to have" - it was love at first sight.  Can you blame me?


Layers of embellishments create a charming tag ... more polka dots from Four Frames stamped in the perfect Christmas shade of Riding Hood Red (so easy to create with the Decorative Label Punch), a scrap of natural burlap and two bright red buttons on top ... tied on with white string.  The bow is dyed seam binding, wrinkled to a shabby texture, and the bell is from my "where do I store this?" jar.  (You know the jar ... we all have one.)  Some more vintage goodness is added with Twine and a decorative star pin.



I have another project waiting to be shown .. but for now, I'll finish my doily while I listen to a story ... read by my favorite boy.  Wishing you treasured memories ...


7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful Christmas card. I love the vintage Santa and pretty bow. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous vintage Christmas card Joanne. I love the Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!! If someone sent this to me I would put it our every single year ... stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful Christmas card, Joanne. I love the vintage feel of it and it reminds me of cards I loved as a little girl. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS Vintage Christmas card!!! LOVE all the elements so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a gorgeous Christmas card. Once again I have to say I just LOVE your style. Love It!!!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet!!!! You make everything looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete