Monday, August 29, 2011

Best of Friends

It's late and I should be tucked in bed but I couldn't pass up participating in two challenges this week that spoke to my heart.  (And I had a box on my porch when I got home today filled with new Designer Series Papers - who could go to sleep with THAT in the house?!)  I am head over heels in LOVE with the Domestic Goddess collection!  The colors are gorgeous and the patterns are sooo wonderful!  I apologize ahead of time if you see lots of this collection in the coming days!

Using Whisper White cardstock as my base, I layered on the shabby.  Aren't those shades of coral and mint dreamy?  The check print was difficult to photograph and is more coral than red (as the picture would suggest).  My flower base began as wide lace and I added one of my crocheted doilies- then came a coral fabric flower and pearl.  The ribbon is white organza and the decorative pins are from Vio.   The sentiment can be found in Happy Greetings ... so sweet.






These gorgeous colors of Mint, Coral, and Ivory are the inspiration of the fabulous Design Team at The Play Date Cafe.  You should stop by and be amazed at their creations!


The theme is "Best of Friends" and is hosted by The City Crafter.  Isn't this photo collage from Ros adorable?  And she shares the following ...
National friendship week starts the first Sunday in August ...
Women's friendship week is the third Sunday in August
International friendship month is February ... and 
Old friends New friends week is the third week in May
What a wonderful reason to celebrate!  Be sure to pay them a visit and see all the wonderful entries!


That's it for me, my friends ... good night ...


16 comments:

  1. This is so GORGEOUS! love, love, LOVE the colors!
    Thank you so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a beauty this is! Love all of the shabby goodness going on here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!!! I can't take my eyes off the pretty bloom, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, now this paper is on my list. Isn't it gorgeous? I love your card Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so beautiful, Joanne. That paper is on my "must have" list, too; only 2 more sleeps until we can order it in Australia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes this is truly gorgeous!! Love everything about this ... your shabby chic centrepiece is stunning ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet country card, Joanne! Love it! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Play Date CAfe this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOhhh.. There's those lovely lacy layers I adore. I see another doily poking through. it's Love I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! You really nailed this color story--LOVE the bloom and lace element! GORGEOUS pearls and pin!! FAB job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Love that flower and those stick pins are fab :) Love the choice of papers too :) Thanks for playing this week at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous, Joanne! LOVE all the scrumptious layers of lace in that stunningly embellished flower! And your papers are just as WOW! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm I did not give that DSP a second look until I saw your card!! Gorgeous card and now I might just HAVE to buy that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very pretty. I hadn't even noticed this paper until now. My list is growing longer....

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning - that flower just makes me gasp. What a fantastic way to use lace. Thank you so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You captured those colors perfectly! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your creation is sooooo pretty.. I just love that layered flower.

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete