Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Kraft and Blue ...



Hello friends.  Rain filled our day today.  Everything smells wonderfully clean now and the flowers are thankful for the nice long drink.

Today's project is inspired by the lovely artists at Paper Sundaes who selected the most beautiful color combination.... Kraft and Blue.  For this card I used Kraft, Night of Navy, and Vanilla cardstocks with Bella Bleu papers.  Don't they look gorgeous together?  The layout sketch comes from Card Positioning Systems.  Different Bella Bleu papers were used to create my arch at the top of the card.  The flowers are blue layered on a fluffy base made from my mother's sewing patterns.  I love this soft frilly look.  The flower layers are held together with a rhinestone brad from our Circle Ice collection.  


The seam binding has been dyed with Bliss Blue ink. The button is from somewhere that I don't recall ... perhaps someday I'll notice it's missing off a jacket or other piece of clothing. The tag is chipboard covered in Bella Bleu and stamped with a heartfelt thanks from Pedaling Past in our Summer Mini Catalog. My sweet little winged friend is from the same and is called All a Flutter.  With a little Dazzling Diamonds on his wing tips he certainly fits the name.  





It was so nice of you to stop by today.  Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to visit.  Be sure to enjoy the other projects at Paper Sundaes and Card Positioning Systems.  I hope to see you back here soon.

.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is fantastic, love the flowers, they are stunning! Thanks for playing along in our Kraft & Blue challenge at Paper Sundaes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! I love the colors you used of blues and the pattern-paper flowers! Great idea. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, it's beautiful! I love your flowers and the ribbon too. So glad you played along with us this week at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete