Saturday, February 13, 2010

Marshmellows anyone?


I hope that this posting finds everyone happy and healthy!  Have you seen any of the winter Olympics yet?  My mother was 100% Dutch so I had to cheer for them during the men's speed skating event that took place this evening.  They won and set a new world's record too!  While the athletes were speeding around the track, I was happily paper crafting.  When I look back at all the different types of crafts I've done it's mind boggling.  What is really amazing is all the craft supplies I've accumulated over the years!  So, I thought to myself, why not put it all to use?


On today's project you will see that I have used floss stitched over top of the steam rising from my cup.  And to dress things up a little, I sewed on some seed beads along the front of the cup.  Call me crazy but it was really fun!  And I LOVE the results ... it add a "new" texture that I can see myself using again in the future.  I got LOTS of seed beads!  (I can see my Stamp Campers sweating bullets right now ... LOL!)  It's a perfect way to embellish my cards and use the supplies I have on hand!

Don't forget about the inside of your project!  You can see that my dreamy cup of hot chocolate is actually coffee.  (Since I despise coffee ... I'll continue to think chocolate.) 

Another new trick I tried today was "Auto Adjust" on my photo editor.  Looking at the results, I thought it improved the quality of my photo.  The white was definitely whiter and I liked that.  It wasn't until just prior to posting that I realized that my Chocolate Chip card looked like Basic Black!  But my Chocolate Chip cup looks fine!  ARGH!  Ah well, now I guess it is coffee and not hot chocolate! 

In addition to the floss and seed beads  I used ... Sweet Pea DSP; Chocolate Chip and Pumpkin Pie cardstock; Watercolor Paper and Crayons; Pun Fun stamp set; Stazon Jet Black ink; Aquapainter; Antique brads; Dimensionals; Designer Label, 1 1/4" Circle, Modern Label, and Word Window punches.  I hope this inspires you to try something new!  Thanks for visiting!

February's Stamp Camp has been rescheduled...check my website to the left for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment