Saturday, September 10, 2011

Comfort ...

School is back in session and everyone is settling into the new schedule.  Drop off, pick up, clubs, homework ... it feels good to have everything "click".  My children are soooo happy and naturally that makes me happy too.   I find comfort in "schedules and plans"...some of you may find that crazy thinking "where's the fun in that?".  But to me life is good when I have purpose and structure...I guess that's just me.


Pool Party  is such a lovely shade of blue.  It goes perfectly with my new favorite papers from the Domestic Goddess collection.  I've added a few of these gorgeous prints to my new Bingo Card background stamp.  Now I can create this vintage game look in any color - just add ink!


Some cardboard cut with pinking shears and brushed lightly with paint came next.  Three butterflies all cut from the same paper collection are layered with a sweet little button on top.  I used both the Butterfly Punch and Beautiful Wings.


The ribbon is dyed seam binding and I've added a decorative pin.  The tag is created with the Jewelry Tag Punch and again the little words in Pennant Parade came in handy.


Be sure to visit the ladies at The City Crafter.  Their challenge this week was to use 1 ribbon, 2 or more words, and 3 or more butterflies.   Every week there's something inspiring from Kirsty and the Design Team ... they never cease to amaze me with the challenge ideas they dream up and the projects they post.  Thanks ladies for sharing your creative talents!


And thank you too - for stopping by ...

12 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL Joanne! Love all of the pretty patterns and textures along with the sweet layered butterfly. The bingo stamp is fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne, you have a wonderful way of combining different elements to come up with something stunning. I didn't give the Domestic Goddess dsp a second glance but since you've been using and making yummy cards with it...this paper is now on my hit list. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, love all the texture, especially the cardboard! brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect!! absolutely perfect for the challenge and a truly beautiful card ... thanks so much for playing along with us again at CCCB ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful Joan. I love the layered butterfly. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, Joanne--this is a GORGEOUS card! I LOVE your mix of papers and that bingo background! LOOOOOVE your seam binding and your corrugated piece and the butterfly to soften it! OH MY! This is just beautiful! LOVE LOVE LOVE:)

    And I LOOOOOOVE your idea of my title for the book--Our Life in music!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE:) You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Wow.. This is so beautiful.. So many wonderful layers.. And your butterfly looks gorgeous..
    Thanks so much for joining us, we love seeing your creations at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I pretty much feels the same way when the kids were younger, I like scheduling and routine. (but that just one side of me LOL)
    Well, this is pretty as usual, love your soft and feminine touch to everything!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning design and gorgeous card!
    Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Joanne! Love the layered butterfly and fun Vintage BINGO card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! WOW! WOW! LOVE the layers of luscious paper and the butterflies and the inked cardboard! Just GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So INCREDIBLY GORGEOUS!! LOVE EVERYTHING about this! Thank you so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete