Sunday, February 13, 2011

Crowning Dove

 
I have been neglecting my little blog for the past week and I am so sorry!  My daughter and I have been preparing for her guest to arrive.  She is from France and the two girls are having lots of fun together.  They were friends before the first day was over!  It's just wonderful to see them communicate in two languages (both speaking some French and English), giggle, teach each other, and then giggle some more.  It truly is a small world.

The designers over at The Play Date Cafe have a fabulous color challenge this week.  I love the palette and just look at these photos!  I'm smitten by all the shabby goodness here - lace, pink ribbon, pearls, oh my!



My daughter is hosting a party for her friends so invitations are in the making.  Here is one we finished today and the colors are perfect!  The papers are scraps from the drawer layered on Early Espresso and Very Vanilla cardstocks.


We made the dove with baking clay and a mold.  Such fun!  The crown is die cut and the edges softened with Distressing Essentials.  A bit of lace and some hand-dyed seam binding added a feminine look.  A simple white button holds the tag stamped in Early Espresso Classic Ink.  The sentiment is from All Holidays stamp set and punched with the Jewelry Tag Punch.
 

Thank you for stopping by and for your understanding during this busy couple weeks!  I'll be back soon ... promise!

.

15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very feminine and sweet! love the colour palette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanne this is so lovely - what awesome invitations! The papers are a beautiful background to your embellishments! Thanks for playing at the PDCC this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanne, this is truly amazing! I love it all! The pinks, the gorgeous seam binding bow and lace, the awesome crown and the beautiful dove. Absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! sooo beautiful ... and that dove ...WOW!! I think I need to try making some of these ... enjoy your visitors ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Joanne! Where is that die cut crown from? It looks so familiar, but I can't remember where I've seen it. Have fun with the French guests!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you back here again Joanne, and so good to see you beautiful creation, as always, the soft tones and beautiful embellies just melt my heart! Thanks for sharing! And thanks for your lovely handmade flowers, I can't wait to use it!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to tell you that the minute I saw this inspiration photo I thought of you.. Like you said the photo is all about yummy goodness, Just like your creations. It just reminded me of your style..

    Your card is beautiful..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Love the combination of dreamy papers and that ribbon is delish! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joanne! You never cease to amaze me! This is so soft and elegant and peaceful! Thank you so much for playing along with us, this week, in the Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It;s good to see another creation of you. And it;s gorgeous. Your cards are always filled with amazing details and beautiful embellishments. You could say I'm a fan :)
    Enjoy your French guests!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OHHH! WOW--what a gorgeous card! LOVE that dove and the lace--the papers are a perfect match to the challenge! Great job:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so pretty! Love all that crinkle ribbon, and that gorgeous dove! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous, love the pink and your sweet dove!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Joanne! I see you already got the Stylish Blogger Award, but I wanted to let you know that I awarded it to you again. I love your blog and wanted to share it with all my girls ;)

    Thanks for all your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete