Sunday, November 14, 2010

Yellow Roses


There is snow in the air today.  It's brisk and cold outside so I was happy to see this beautiful arrangement of yellow roses on Moxie Feb World's Tuesday Trigger.  The mix of yellows with a touch of pumpkin hues and shades of green all against a cream background ... sigh.  How many days 'til summer when my garden is in bloom?  Of couse, the Design Team at The Waltzing Mouse never disappoint.  Just look at this week's sketch ...




With my inspiration to guide me, I began pulling together my colors.  Starting with a So Saffron card I added this sweet polka dot print.  Stitching crazy wavy lines around the outside added a bit of whimsy.  You'll notice I highlighted the edges further by using our Distressing Essentials and Frost White Shimmer Paint.  The fabric corner in shades of yellow, orange, and green provides texture ... I love the softness it adds.  A strip of sheet music sponged with Frost White Shimmer Paint and Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink has been folded and sewn on.


The ribbon is So Saffron grosgrain.  The large creme button comes from  Deck the Halls Big Designer Buttons and I layered on the orange flower button from my drawer.  Natural Hemp Twine is looped in the back and the leaf stick pin with brass flower bead added.  "Thank You" is stamped in Basic Black Classic Ink on Very Vanilla cardstock with the edges distressed a bit.  The stamp is part of our Because I Care Hostess Set.  I am going to try my luck at dying tags in tea today.  I've "Googled" the technique and I think I know what I'm suppose to do.  I'm excited to give it a go and if I'm successful you will see them used here ... wish me luck!




Thanks for visiting with me ... enjoy the rest of your day!



.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous...sigh.....Looks like a winner to me :)
    I am not familiar with shimmer paint but this just took my breath away ( Time for some Google research :) ) It's the perfect addition and it goes so well with all the other lovely details,
    So lovely; thanks for sharing!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Joanne! I love how you incorporated fabric and that little stickpin looks great! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty embellishments and your stitching, gotta adore that whimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Joanne! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! Way to incorporate mixed mediums! You hit it out of the ball park!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joanne
    Fabulous Creation! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love the So Saffron with the Newsprint DSP. What a combo. TFS.

    ReplyDelete