Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cadet Blue

When I visited The Play Date Cafe this week and saw that their inspiration photo featured "Cadet Blue", I was enamored.  With kraft and blush, it makes a lovely combination.  Although I'm very late with my entry, I sooo loved the other postings in the challenge that I wanted to join in on the fun!


Using scraps of printed papers in the colors of the challenge, I layered and sewed stunning stripes, sweet polka dots, and beautiful butterflies.  The leaves are burlap and my flower began with linen, tulle, and a blue print cotton.  Of course I had to add a bit of crocheting - a small square motif ... whipped up in a jiffy.  Pearl beads gather to create the flower center complimented with matching decorative pins.  The seam binding is hand dyed a wonderful pale shade, the tag states "Just for You", and the buttons help balance the large flower center.



I'm sure you agree this inspiration is one that can't be missed.  A beautiful trio of warm earthy color.  Be sure to stop by for a visit to see the super talented Design Team projects ... and the incredible challenge entries too!


Don't forget to hop along with this - post - and vote to win a prize!  Enjoy your evening everyone!

15 comments:

  1. If there is blue involved I'm there:) And your take on the challenge is spot on. Your cards always have an elegant look that I just love. This is priceless. Gorgeous Joanne; it's good to be here!Wow!
    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so pretty - I do like the mixture of papers and the love flower! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh...this is gorgeous (as always!) I LOVE your take on these colors! When I see kraft I think of card stock 1st, I love seeing the other kraft ideas; like your perfect burlap!!! You rocked this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very dreamy Joanne..so many layers to look at and adore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flower is amazing... love all the different textures in those layers. A beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my goodness gracious, Joanne! This is absolutely stunning! My jaw has hit the floor! Such beauty, all wrapped up in one little design that packs a BIG punch! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally adorable ... love your placing of the pearls ... so very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card.. So many yummy elements.. The beautiful crochet flower, The wonderful seam binding, the burlap and perfect DP..
    Yep, this is one beautiful card...

    Thanks so much for you kind comment on my blog..
    It made my day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is gorgeous. I love the burlap and the other pretty elements. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH! This is super beautiful! I LOVE the burlap and the pretty embellies! Great card all around:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry I haven't stopped before now to comment on this Joanne, because I thought it was just beautiful the FIRST time I saw it. I love what you have done with your embellishments--such a pretty combination of color and texture!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Joanne! I love this colour combination too! Love all your details!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally gorgeous Joanne! Love the elegant design and your flower is too beautiful!!
    Love the way you have created it ;)

    Hugs from Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my glorious goodness! This is just gorgeous. Lovin' the burlap and these fabulous colors.

    ReplyDelete