Friday, May 20, 2011

Robins egg blue ...

Hello again my friends.  Have you seen all the wonderful inspiration on the blogs this week?  Oh my, there is so much I want to try and so little time!  I counted no less than six of my favorite sites that have the most beautiful images and samples created by incredible design teams ... I hope to jump into them all!  For today, I have combined two challenges into one project to share with you - I hope that's ok.  The City Crafter shares this fabulous image of polka dots and stripes ... such a sweet pairing of patterns.  The Play Date Cafe takes us to "days gone by" with a vintage photo in colors of sepia and a touch of robin egg blue.  Delicious!


I began with a fold of So Saffron cardstock layered with polka dot paper of the same shade and a scrap of lovely blue stripes.  The cocoa herringbone and remaining color coordinated prints are from my scrap drawer.  Some old pieces of chipboard were cut into squares ... painted or covered in papers, distressed and sewn.  I didn't have a blue flower so I made one by layering three punched flowers and curling up the petals to create a bud.  That big beautiful button adds the perfect balance to my crocheted heart.


The bow is seam binding dyed with  So Saffron Classic Ink ... scrunched and slightly tattered.  The tag is stamped in Soft Suede Classic Ink with a sentiment from All Holidays and punched out with Jewelry Tag Punch.  Topping off the bow is a glorious pin from Viola - you just have to get yourself some of these!


Thanks for stopping by .. I hope you get to spend some time creating something beautiful for yourself today.

21 comments:

  1. Well, you know I love this layout!!! Just gorgeous, and I agree, there are so many wonderful challenges, and just not enough time to do them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauty! look forward to seeing more:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Joanne, this is stunning! I love your dyed seam binding, and the way you've punched out the wasp with a heart shape .... gorgeous little details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So stunning! What a beautiful color combo and I love grid style cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful ! love the colors and the embellishments

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Joanne. I love the softness of the colors and all of your embellishments. That little blue flower is awesome. What flower punch did you use to create it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, you just keeping my eyes busy here with so much loveliness!
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning ... so much to see and the handmade flower is a true beauty ... thanks so much for sharing with us at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love seeing your creations.. This one is gorgeous.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card! I love the little detail in each square, gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my; spot on both challenges and as usual when I'm here: I can only sigh..Absolutely fabulous!
    I think you deserve to be one of the Fab 4 at PDCC again and a spotlight artist on CCCB. But I won't surprised me if you win both challenges :)
    So many gorgeous details!
    Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super layout, Joanne! I love that little bee inside the heart. :) Thanks for making time to play with us at the Cafe again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, Joanne! Full of vintage-y goodness! Lovely, soft colors and beautiful accents! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. GORGEOUS!!!!! LOVE how you used the PDCC colours so well with all these pretty embs!!THanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, this is fabulous! Love your combination of elements on that square, they add such great interest and texture. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Joanne! This has got to be my favorite by far! Am I allowed to say that?! LOL! LOVE your grid design and that sweet, little sentiment pierced with your gorgeous pin! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is beautiful! Congrats on your win at PDCC, it's well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What beautiful little details here! So much terrific work equals a true winner! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A gorgeous card with many lovely details! Congrats on your win for PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another beautiful creation Joanne, you have exceptional talent with the little details, as always a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete