Friday, January 28, 2011

Shades of Blue

Hello everyone.  My lack of a mid-week post shows how busy I have been over the past few days.  Goodness, I'm glad it's Friday and there is nothing on the calendar for the weekend.  I think I need a date with my craft room.  I've stolen a little time this week to find some new tutorials and patterns - I can't wait to give them a try!  Let me begin by sharing today's post.  The color combination is from Cath over at Moxie Fab World.  She has some fabulous suggestions posted and I hope to try them all!  Here is the first ...


Pretty, isn't it?  Neutrals with a touch of Marina Mist blue.  I used these colors to create some crafty kits for my good friend Cheryl.  They are full of bits and pieces all inspired by this combination.  I hope she likes them!




My patterned papers are all from the Blueberry Crisp Designer Series Paper collection - as you can see, it's gorgeous.  A doily is added to the front of each pouch as well as a beautiful blue satin ribbon.  I made the flowers from white organza.  The fabric is so slippery, it was a bit hard to sew at first but by the third flower I was getting the hang of it.  Now I'd like a garden of these beauties in every color!  The blue buttons are from both the Regal and the Subtles collections.




The crowns are diecut, distressed, and stamped in a lovely shade of blue with Marina Mist Classic Ink.  She only needs to choose which one to use.  The seam binding is hand dyed and wrinkled to perfection with Marina Mist Classic Ink.  I glittered flowers and hearts with Fine Cosmo Glitter and added a Pearl Jewel to each.

Thank you for stopping by to visit today ... and you get a sneak peek Cheryl!


.
 

8 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS bags of sweet finding Joanne! Lovin all the blue and the crown die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous kits, Joanne! Love all the shades of blue and those organza flowers are just too sweet. Your friend is going to love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow wow wow.... what an amazing kit! Love the blue and look peeking into those goodies... Cheryl is going to be so so happy, lucky!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanne, I LOVE visiting YOUR blog, too! OMGosh! This is so Moxie FAB! LOVE the flowers and the papers and the doily and the shiny stuff! SUPER project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! These are amazing.. I just love everything about them.. Cheryl is one lucky gal!!
    Hope you have fun in your craft room this weekend! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I was Cheryl :). MY oh my bags full of stunning goodies and I LOVE IT TO PIECES!!!
    Absolutely fabulous!

    There is at least one thing I can't....crochet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Joanne! Thanks for entering the Neutrals Challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fabulous ... lucky Cheryl is what I say ... adorable!!

    ReplyDelete