Saturday, August 21, 2010

What could be better?


A rainy afternoon, inside with friends, creating our art ... eating chocolate chip cake.  What could be better?


Here's a project from today's event.  I used some old retired black and vanilla background paper layered with our new Newsprint Designer Series Paper ... black and vanilla is so "classic" ... you can never go wrong with it.  The word(s) are from "In a Word" stamp set.  I love it ... "so sorry" ... so clever!  It's only available thru the end of this month - you can shop 24/7 from my website (see the link on the left?).  The center shape is cut and edges embossed using the same die shape.  The crochet trim lace is a very pretty pattern called Victoria.  It adds just the right "soft" element to this sympathy card.  You can see beautiful heartfelt cards at The Cuttlebug Spot.  Be sure to visit and leave a comment or two.

The flower is inspired by Wendy Vecchi.  I am a HUGE fan of hers!  Her art is incredible and is being celebrated this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.  I encourage you to visit and see all the wonderful projects ... there is a link to her blog there also ... you'll be blown away!  Back to the flower ... I created it with three punches and some paper scraps.  First the leafy branches are from my Two Step Bird Extra Large Punch.  The flower is from Fancy Flower Extra Large and 5-Petal Flower Extra Large punches.  I curled the petals just a bit before I assembled the layers with an Antique Brad.  These brads are gorgeous ... the package includes different sizes and shapes ... I love them all!

Thanks so much for stopping by ... I hope you've found a little inspiration!  Enjoy the rest of your day!

#117166 - Newsprint Designer Series Paper
#120057 - In a Word (clear mount)
#117143 - In a Word (wood mount)
#118481 - Victoria Crochet Trim
#117191 - Two Step Bird Punch
#118073 - Fancy Flower Punch
#119880 - 5-Petal Punch
#117273 - Antique Brads
#113439 - Big Shot


.

2 comments:

  1. I really love black, white and red together and it looks fabulous on your creation! Great flower and such a clever sentiment! The Design Team is pleased that you joined the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge this week. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my fave color combo!!! and love the stamp!! FABULOUS creation!!

    thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete