Sunday, May 23, 2010

Musical Thank You



I am amazed that it has been a week since I have visited with you.  The days have flown by but for good reasons.  A band recital, volleyball practice twice, then an all day tournament with the best of endings.  There were only six girls who could stay until the end of the tournament due to other commitments that day.  Six is the minimum required to stay in the match otherwise you forfeit.  Then the worst happened ... one of our dear sweet girls was hurt during the game.  There were tears shed, hugs given, and we thought our hopes for a win that day were dashed.  However, you can't keep a good team down ... especially one that has it in their hearts to win for a fallen friend.  So with only five players (our injured player standing just inside the lines in the far back corner so she was counted as "on the court") - our brave girls beat the 1st place team ... 25 to 23!  It was quite a battle and we parents couldn't be prouder.  It was wonderful to see them come together as individuals and as a team.  More tears, lots of hugs, and this time "high fives" ... I'm sure everyone was re-living the moment during the car ride home.  What a wonderful way to enjoy a Saturday!

On to my project that I have to share with you.  One of the loveliest ladies you could know has asked me to create some cards that she can give to her daughters teachers.  Each card will be packaged in a cello bag with a gift card and tied up with ribbon, I'm sure they will be appreciated.  Such a sweet gift.  This project uses Sweet Pea and Tea Party Designer Series Paper.  Before you ask me about the music, let me tell you that I copied a sheet of my cello music onto Very Vanilla cardstock, cut it to size, and inked the edges with So Saffron.  For the curious, that's Sonata in C Major by Breval (smile).  Notice the black stitching around the outside picks up the black in the music and greeting.



The tag is chipboard covered with gorgeous Sweet Pea paper.  The pink crinkled goodness is seam binding sprayed with Pink Passion ink.  To get the crinkled effect, while still wet push it into the corner of a plastic bag then twist it tightly closed and let it sit over night.  Put it in the dryer the next day if it's still damp.  Another tip is to spray the ribbon with starch before you dry it.  That will help make the ribbon stiff and easier to work with.  My button could be older than me ... from my mother's hand-me-down collection.  I think it's perfect for this card.


I used both the Scalloped Oval and the Wide Oval punches on my greeting.  This gorgeous sentiment is part of new Pedaling Past set offered now in our Summer Mini catalog.  You can see more at the link on the left.


I hope you enjoyed your visit today.  Thanks for stopping by.  I have more projects completed and will share them with you over the next few days.  I'll see you here again soon!

1 comment:

  1. The way you assemble your print papers still amazes me. All of the prints are so different, yet they work well together. Awesome. What a unique button. It does tie it all together. Thanks for sharing, Joanne.

    ReplyDelete