Friday, October 22, 2010

Subtle and Lovely


My goodness, I can't believe it's been five days since my last post!  Life has been busy and time passes too quickly.  I missed my "crafty escape" and was sooo happy to be playing with paper today.  The Wild Orchid inspires us this week to choose "pastels".  Quite a challenging thought as we are surrounded by fall!  While The Play Date Cafe celebrates their 1 Year Anniversary they display a gorgeous photo of pastel "yellows, pinks and orange" (I guess great minds think alike!).  Congratulations and I wish you many more!  




The Design Team at Stampin' Royalty requests "ribbon" ... and I am more than happy to oblige!  I just love our wide striped ribbon and here I used Pretty In Pink.  I think it looks wonderful on the Sunny Garden Designer Series Paper.  I paired the paper with  Whisper White cardstock, Blushing Bride cardstock, and just a touch of Tangerine Tango cardstock. 




I added Basic White Pearls along the bottom of my lace.  The button is from Deck the Halls Big Designer Buttons ... I love these buttons!  The greeting is from a retired set and stamped with Pretty in Pink Classic Ink.  Now ... you are probably wondering about the flower ...



I used various sized flower punches and you can see many examples on my older posts.  So many in fact it's quite obvious I'm absolutely hooked on creating flowers!  This one is created with Whisper White cardstock and I "glitter-fied" it (that's a real word in my craft room) with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter and a sweet little Rhinestone in the center.

Thank you all for stopping by.  Enjoy the rest of your day and I'll see you again soon!

.

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous design. very elegant and pretty! Glad you joined us at the PDCC. Love that wide striped ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful use of this weeks colors! Lovely ribbon and lace treatment!Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous card with a gorgeous flower. Love the colors today, Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, these colors just great together, and you added a romantic touch! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, love how feminine it looks, and yes that ribbon is FAB! I must order the new colours! I only have the original black, olive and pumpkin! Oh dear, more money!!

    Thanks for playing along with us for our anniversary week at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joanne, I have enjoyed browsing your blog - gorgeous work!! Do you know of an online store that sells the seam binding?? Oh and they would have to say that they would ship to Australia too. I love how you have used it - so soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...this card is absolutely stunning!!! Love that lace, flower, ribbon, button!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Subtle and lovely is right! Love this elegantly delicate card with it's vintage lace, shiny pearls and fabulous bow! It's awesome! Thanks for playing along with our special 1 year anniversary celebration at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you did with the ribbon-the big button is the perfect touch! Now that flower is stunning! Thank you for playing with us this week at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great combination of textures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glitterfied is a real word in MY craftroom, too! LOVE this card! I bought tons of that ribbon but haven't used it yet. And I too am HOOKED on flowers! LOVE the pearls on the lace! FAB card!

    ReplyDelete