Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Book lover's gift ...


Hello friends.  I am so inspired by the art I see on the various blog that I visit.  It takes my breath away to see the incredible talent that is out there ... every one of them should be praised and celebrated.  I recently stopped in to see what's new at Clare's Creations and her art was absolutely stunning.  Be sure to leave her some "love" if you pay her a visit!  After visiting I just had to create this bookmark (yes, that is Harry Potter).  It's a gift for my daughter's Language Arts teacher .... ssshhhhh, she doesn't have it quite yet ... I hope she likes it!




My colors are pulled from Deck the Halls Designer Series Papers and include Always Artichoke and Very Vanilla.  I stitched and distressed the edges using Distressing Essentials.  Some old copper cording and new Chantilly Lace (with a touch of tulle) ties it all together.

The flower I made myself with dress lining and organza.  Both are a gorgeous shade of vanilla and go so well with the large vanilla pearl.  I brushed the edges with Mod Podge and dipped the flower in Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.  It's shimmery and sparkles beautifully in the light.




I appreciate you stopping by ... good night!

The 3 Muses... are celebrating Vintage this week!
The Wild Orchid... is all about Stitching in their challenge.
Lil' Red Wagon  ... uses something old (my copper cording) and something new (my vanilla lace)
Sweet Stampin' Challenge ... "diamonds are a girl's best friend" ... glittery goodness!
The Secret Crafter ... inky distressed edges give a vintage look in this challenge.

Supplies available on my website ...
#120810 - Deck the Halls
#105119 - Always Artichoke cardstock
#101650 - Very Vanilla cardstock
#118762 - Distressing Essentials
#118480 - Chantilly Lace
#102023 - Dazzling Diamonds Glitter





.

10 comments:

  1. Wow this is really beautiful.
    Gorgeous vintage art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautifully done, I'm sure the teacher recipient will treasure it. Thank you for sharing it with us at the Three Muses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful bookmark! I'd be afraid to crush that gorgeous flower, though. I love that flower! I think you have to teach me how to do one of those, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a lovely book mark, such detail and love that flower, so eye catching and the distressing is just perfect
    Hugs Kate xx
    SCSC GDT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waw, the bookmark is fantastic. I love the flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how beautiful, Thanks for playing along with the Sweet Stampin challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I would love to make a flower like that! Very pretty!
    Thanks for joining the WOC Challenge this week!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the corner bookmark! I just love making them!! Your flower is gorgeous too!! thanks for the mention and kind words! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are soo talented ! I love this, and that FLOWER!!!!!!!!! Im in love =)

    ReplyDelete